Friday, January 21, 2011

I'm a Quilting Machine!

Last week, at our monthly KC Modern Quilt Guild (KCMQG) meeting, our speaker was Angela Walters, long-arm quilter extraordinaire.  We had the opportunity to see - up close and personal - many of the amazing quilts that were the product of Angela's collaboration with Tula Pink.  The combination of Tula's fabrics and colors with Angela's quilting is just amazing.

A highlight of the evening was that members could bring in quilt tops for Angela to look at and make suggestions for quilting designs.  After getting some ideas from her, I loaded my Baby Log Cabin on the frame and stared at it for a few days.  I stared at it, because it was scary to just dive in and quilt...and also because I had to figure out how to deal with the limitations of the quilt frame.  Yes...there are pros and cons to everything!


Other than a bit of stitching in the ditch, quilting on this "Baby" is done.  I LOVE how some of it turned out...and some of it, well, let's just say I'm not so crazy about.  I'll post close-up pics after I'm done with the binding.

Next for "the rack" is this Valentine Quilt top which has been waiting in my "to be quilted" bin for at least 3 years. No time like the present, eh?  Someday this quilt will be a seasonal wall-hanging to spruce up my empty walls.


Yesterday was like a holiday...the schools were all closed thanks to the 8 inches of snow that fell Wednesday. Late yesterday morning, the sun came out and it was absolutely gorgeous outside! My daughters brought their "babies" over for some Puppy Playtime. It was hard to take a decent picture because these girls would not hold still for the camera.

Marlie

Kaci
Hope you all have big plans for the weekend!  Me?  I'm planning on a little cooking, a little cleaning and an afternoon of sewing on Sunday with the guild girls.

Stay Warm!









No comments:

Post a Comment