Since my employer, BD, is keeping me too busy to spend time creating some quilts of my own, I thought I would share some quilts that hang in our facility in Maryland. On my first visit to this site, I walked into the lobby and gasped (quite audibly, according to my colleague) when I saw this quilt hanging on the wall. It's an antique, hand pieced and hand quilted but the colors and the design are so fresh.
Just around the corner hangs this beauty. I plan to make a version of my own some day...maybe scaled down for a baby boy?
This wonderful quilt hangs near the entry of the Regulatory Affairs department...it's my landmark to make sure that I am headed in the right direction (the facility is HUGE!).
I'll be back in Maryland sometime soon...I plan to bring my camera along and find some more wonderful quilts to admire and share. I also plan on doing a bit of investigating...to see if I can learn a bit more about these lovely quilts.
As for my own quilting? I'm hoping to squeeze a few hours in this weekend...if I'm lucky, I might get something accomplished!



No comments:
Post a Comment