This is a set of placemats and matching napkins made from Gypsy Bandana by Pillow and Maxfield. I picked up the patterns (Placemat Fiesta) and fabric at Prairie Point in Shawnee, KS. Tomorrow they'll be on the way to my Mother-in-law...yes, I am 2 weeks late for Mother's Day but I don't think she'll mind!
I also made a little table runner to match...
And now for the giveaway!!!
My friend Shea of Empty Bobbin Sewing Studio has recently published another fabulous new pattern. I was lucky enough to be a pattern tester - it was really a fun process! One of the perks of being a tester is that Shea has graciously donated a free pattern for me to give away to one of my lucky blog readers!
If you'd like to win this pattern, here's what you need to do:
1. Enter a comment below and please leave your e-mail address so that I can contact you if you're the lucky winner
2. For a second entry, become a follower to my blog. If you're already a follower, you'll get a second entry automatically
3. I'll leave the contest open until Midnight (Central Time) on May 31st. At that time, I'll write all of the names on a piece of paper (two pieces if you are a follower) and I'll randomly draw a name out of a hat (or basket, or box...)
4. I'll announce the winner on my blog and send she/he an e-mail notice as well.
GOOD LUCK and TELL YOUR FRIENDS!
This is the sample that I made for Shea. I used Kate Spain's Central Park for the panel with coordinating Moda Bella Solids. My new Cover Up now resides in my sewing room keeping my baby nice and clean. My machine is in a table, so I have folded the bottom edge under for this picture. Shea's instructions are so clear and easy to follow - if you keep your machine in a table, you'll have no problem figuring out how to modify accordingly. In my case, I wanted to follow the instructions exactly knowing that I could shorten the cover later on.
I hope you all have a great week! Unfortunately, I see long work days ahead...thank goodness we have a 3 day weekend coming up!
I just finished my Cover Up this morning! Such a fun pattern :)
ReplyDeleteI've got to make one of these! Yours looks great.
ReplyDeleteI've been eyeing that pattern since I discovered yours and Shea's blogs. I need one!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Paula! I'm really happy with it! Did you see Caitlin's?
ReplyDeleteCindy...you definitely DO need one! Good Luck!!!
I don't need the pattern because I just finished my cover yesterday. Yours looks super!
ReplyDeleteCute sewing machine cover! I just hopped over here from Hiyacinth's blog! Nice blog... cute projects, I love the table runner set!
ReplyDeleteI just became a follower!!!
ReplyDeleteI love your placemats, table runner, and napkins -- so pretty.
ReplyDeleteWhat a fabulous pattern to give away!
I am a new follower!
ReplyDeletei am following you
ReplyDeleteyour placemats and runner are absolutely precious - she is one lucky lady !
ReplyDeleteThe placemats and table runner are so cute! I'm in desperate need for a sewing machine cover as it resides permanently in my dining room - perhaps a cover coordinating with the decor might help it blend in!
ReplyDeleteI've been wanting to make a cover for my machine for some time now. Thanks for the chance to win this pattern!
ReplyDeleteNicole
nicole(dot)neblett(at)gmail(dot)com
hooray! my machine is being serviced, but this would be a splendid first project to a well deserving sewing machine!!
ReplyDeleteYour placemats turned out fabulous, Mary Anne! You inspired me, so I dropped a bundle at Harper's a few weeks ago to make some of my own. We'll see if they actually get sewn before the baby is born...
ReplyDeleteLove the sewing machine covers you made - all of them! I desperately need a cover for both (all) my machines. Cnikolg at yahoo dot com
ReplyDeleteThey look wonderful!
ReplyDeleteI need a cover, my little sewing machine has been sitting naked down in the basement, too embarassed to come out. Love your placemats also.
ReplyDeleteI am just about to start a sewing machine cover project - this pattern would be VERY helpful! Thanks for the giveaway!
ReplyDeleteI must make one of those - sew cute!!!
ReplyDeleteI just became a follower of your blog - can't wait to see all your inspiration!
ReplyDeleteI love your placemat/napkin/table-runner set! Really, really cute! And the cover looks great, too - I've been thinking of making one!
ReplyDeleteI like your version of Cover up. Very nice!
ReplyDeleteI've been feeling guilty about leaving my machine uncovered so I would love to win your giveaway
ReplyDeletelovinthesunnow@yahoo.com