Tuesday, May 10, 2011

It's a Small World!!!

I have to share this little story with you...

Last week I was in San Diego for work and decided to stay over the weekend to attend a friend's wedding.  On Saturday morning, I met up with my KC MQG friend Shea - the creative genius behind Empty Bobbin Sewing Studio.  We started the morning up in the mountains at The Crazy 9 Patch in Ramona.  This little shop has always had a fun and funky vibe - it was such a treat.  I had my first "Up Close and Personal" meeting with Patricia Bravo and Art Gallery Fabrics.  The Pure Elements solids were absolutely gorgeous! I behaved myself and limited myself to two cuts...Shea, well...let's just say she could write her purchases off as "Business Expenses"!

a future Summer handbag!



We hit In-N-Out for lunch where we both ordered from the "secret menu" (YUM!) and then it was off to Maisonnette near the beach in Oceanside...


Maisonnette is a cute little boutique which reminds me of Bon Bon Atelier here in KC.  The shop opened up just when I left San Diego for KC so I had never been there.  I had read about it on a few blogs and I was anxious to check it out.  Although the shop was small, the displays of fabric, art and photography were very nicely integrated and there was a lot of eye candy!

Now for the good part of the story...Shea and I started chatting with two other customers, a Mom from St. Louis visiting her daughter who lives in Oceanside. The conversation turned to our respective Modern Quilt Guilds...wouldn't it be fun to meet "in the Middle of MO" and do something together?  I was just about to ask the Mom if she knew the "Cynthia" behind Hyacinth Quilt Designs (one of my favorite blogs...and I know that the author is a member of the St. Louis MQG), when she introduced herself as Cindy.  OMG!!!  I exclaimed - are you The Cynthia in Hyacinth!?!?  Obviously, I wouldn't be telling this story if she were NOT.  Needless to say, we chatted for a few more minutes, enjoying the company of people brought together through blogging and quilting.

After I dropped Shea off at her house, I ran back to my hotel, met my BFF and headed to La Jolla for a wedding...Beautiful!

View of the Pacific from my seat at Shelley's Wedding!


Three days later and I'm still smiling...what a great way to spend a Saturday!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment