Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Really, I've been busy but...

I don't have much to show for it!

I've started to sew along with Jenifer's Modern Monday Quilt Sampler.  Four weeks in and I've completed two blocks.  The color in this picture is nice and true - thank you Mr. Sun!


Also finished up were Toni's KC Scrappy Bee group. I was invited to join this year and I'm happy to report that I am keeping up the pace! Toni will be taking all of our blocks, cutting them in quarters and then having some mix-and-match fun.  Can't wait to see her finished quilt!


Speaking of finished quilts...here's one that I started over 4 years ago.  I loaded it up on my frame but was only able to quilt the outside sections. 


My blocks are too big for my quilting space whether I load it vertically or horizontally.  BUMMER!  So...I finished up what I could and I've moved my machine to the sewing table to finish up the quilting the hard way.  I will get this quilt done before October 31, 2011!  I just love the dangling witch legs on this Buggy Barn quilt!

KC MQG Meeting Week - YIPEE!





3 comments:

  1. This looks really cute! Take lots of pics for me of show and tell at guild, will ya? I hate missing, but it can't be helped this time. I'm on overload in a big way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those Modern Monday blocks! I have been watching those posts with sewing envy. I need more hours in the day! :)

    I really like the colors you chose, too. Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colors in your Modern Monday are absolutely perfect! I can't wait to see the quilt grow! Jenifer

    ReplyDelete