I'm on that "finished quilt" high...especially since I have finished TWO quilts in the past two days. Woo Hoo!
I've already shared this quilt in it's various stages, but now it's all done - and, IMHO, it turned out quite nicely. The pattern is Baby Log Cabin by Threaded Pear Studio. There's some Amy Butler Lotus, a bit o' Heather Bailey and some other stash fabrics as well. I'm not keeping track of my stash usage, but I am trying to shop at home first.
And so....without further ado....
I used this quilt to practice my free-motion skills. I'm very happy with the swirls in the striped border and the scallops on the top and bottom. The meandering in the middle section? Not so thrilled. Sigh...
Here's a shot of the scallops and swirls on the back of the quilt. Can you tell that I took a short-cut and machine sewed the binding? I'm happy with the result. I used the "One Pass Binding" method described by Weeks Ringle and Bill Kerr in their book, The Modern Quilt Workshop. I've used this method a few times and I think I've just about got it down. I am big fan of FunQuilts!
The last shot of this quilt is the flower motif that I stitched in the center panel. Unfortunately, the fabric is too busy and the thread is too thin to see it from the front...so here we are on the flip-side! Feel free to ignore the mediocre meandering and just focus on the flower fun in the middle.
In my corporate world, at the end of a project we have our "lessons learned"session. Here are mine for this project, but I can't guarantee that I'll remember them! :)
1. Swirls on stripes are fun!
2. Avoid the meander - unless using busy prints on the front and back
3. Exercise your woman's prerogative! My plan was to bind with the striped fabric, but I changed my mind to the green dot and I am happy that I did!
Now all that's left is to wrap this baby up and send her on her way!
Until next time...
This turned out great and your quilting looks wonderful.
ReplyDeleteThank you very much!
ReplyDelete